One Pan Meal with Salmon and Veggies
If you’re looking for a salmon recipe, I have something really easy for you. This is a one pan meal that can be customized with different vegetables and seasonings. It’s easy and delicious – my favorite kind of recipe!
I buy frozen salmon from the seafood section at Kroger. They sell them in bulk bags now, which I love. Each salmon fillet is individually vacuum packed so you can use just as many as you need.
My favorite part is that you don’t have to thaw the salmon before you cook it. It goes straight in the pan frozen.
I add a little butter, a little garlic powder, and a little lemon juice on top of the salmon fillets. You can customize that however you like.
From frozen, the salmon cooks for about 20 minutes. You need to choose veggies that will work with that length of cooking. (Not potatoes, in other words!)
I like to use fresh green beans, fresh broccoli tops, or sliced cherry tomatoes. I’m sure there are other veggies that would work, so you can experiment with the ones you like.
You can sprinkle the veggies with a bit of olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper, or whatever tastes sound good to you.
Arrange all of your ingredients in a 13×9 baking pan, add on your seasonings, and then cook using the directions on the bag of salmon. Mine says 25 minutes at 400 degrees. Check your bag, though!
I like to cook mine on a rack a little above center in the oven. This adds a bit of roasting to the veggies. I like that with the broccoli especially.
Here’s the straight recipe for those of you who prefer it.
- Salmon fillets, 4 small or 2 large
- Choice of fresh vegetables – broccoli, cherry tomatoes, asparagus, green beans
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Lemon juice
- Garlic powder
- Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees or temp listed in bagged salmon instructions.
- Put the salmon in the pan skin side down.
- Add vegetables of choice.
- Add butter to tops of salmon.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and garlic powder over salmon.
- Sprinkle vegetables with olive oil and salt.
- Bake for 25 minutes or time listed in bagged salmon instructions.
Enjoy, and let me know how you like it!